A couple of days ago I was doing some hill training and thinking and praying. For a runner, hill training strengthens tendons and ligaments, reduces the risk of injury and improves overall running form. When you run hills, your muscles work with more power than usual because they are forced to overcome gravity to move you up the hill. The result is more power, which in turn leads to longer, faster running strides. Sounds good, right? Except the ACTUAL running of the hills! It hurts, it’s challenging, but you know it is for the GOOD.
Throughout this process it has been easy to ask for prayer support, and we have been showered by such support throughout this entire year. THANK YOU! The harder thing to ask is that of financial support. When we began this journey, we had already set aside a good amount of money for this specific purpose. Up until this point, we have been able to pay for the documents and agency fees out of that designated savings. We have had some help from generous friends and family, but unfortunately, our savings and tax refund will be depleted and we still need to travel to bring Mia home. We are in need of approximately $6,000.00 before April 10, 2016.
Through this process, we have been applying for different adoption grants. For some, we received rejection letters. But, God is GOOD and two opportunities have been given to us. The first is a grant through Show Hope, the same organization we have been working with for years! We are thrilled and blessed to be a part of what Show Hope is doing. The only down side to this grant is that it will not be received in time to travel, and we don’t know how much it will be.
While we are very grateful, we are still in that hard place of needing money BEFORE we travel. As I was returning from that hill training session, I received a phone call from LifeSong for Orphans. We received confirmation that we have been selected to receive a $3,000.00 MATCHING GRANT! What a God-thing, right? This cuts our need in HALF! If we are able to raise $3,000.00, LifeSong will MATCH that amount to carry us to our $6,000.00 goal!
So, how can you get involved? PRAY.
- Pray for Mia.
- Pray for our family as we prepare to become a family of five.
- Pray for Owen and Camden as they will remain at home with John’s mom and continuing their schooling and activities while we are in China for 16 days.
- Pray for travel safety.
- Pray for immediate bonding with Mia.
- Pray for health.
If you would like to support us financially, here is how your donation can be DOUBLED through LifeSong:
- Checks should be payable to “Lifesong for Orphans.” In the memo, note HARVEY FAMILY and #5877 to assure it goes to the correct account. Please mail to Lifesong for Orphans, PO Box 40, Gridley, IL 61744. Lifesong has been blessed with partners who underwrite all U.S. administrative and fundraising costs (TMG Foundation and other partners). That means 100% of your donation will go directly to the adoption.
- To pay online go to lifesongfororphans.org/give/donate. Select “Give to an Adoptive Family.” Complete the online form and fill in “Family Account Number #5877” and “Family Name (Harvey Family)” fields. Note PayPal charges an administrative fee (2.2% + $.30 USD per transaction). Your donation will be decreased by the amount of this fee.
NOTE: In following IRS guidelines, your donation is to the named non-profit organization. This organization retains full discretion over its use, but intends to honor the donor’s suggested use.
Individual donations of $50 or more and yearly donations totaling $250 or more will receive a tax-deductible receipt. Receipts for donations under $50 will gladly be sent upon request. Lifesong is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization.
Thank you so much for considering partnering with us to bring Mia home! She is already a part of our hearts and we cannot wait to hold her and have her home forever! I wanted to post this information for those of you who had shown interest in helping us in this way. May God bless you richly, friends! THANK YOU!